Welcome to a documented experience of my year as an English Teacher and Community Worker in Java, Indonesia! For the next eleven months, I will be serving with Mennonite Central Committee's Serving and Learning Together program, learning the language, eating the foods, and fully immersing myself in the Indonesian culture.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences with you! Happy reading!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Photo Post!

I'll spare you all the wordy blog post that I normally create, and (finally) post some pictures instead! Enjoy!

MCC office, where we spend our time after language lessons.  (I usually sit on the chair closest to the computer)

The feast put on for us by Jason's host family. More dishes came out after these! (The man in the back right is Pak Lilik, my host father for my six weeks in Salatiga.) 

The young adult group at the Sola Gratia church, my host church in Semarang.

BBQ for Idul Fitri! My host family/extended family. Front row- host brother, Harvey, host mother Ibu Vonny, host father Pak Hariyanto. Beside me on my right is my host sister, Valen. (The barbecue wouldn't stay lit, but nothing that a fan and a little gasoline couldn't fix!)

The view from on a horse at Gedongsongo Temples

More view!

In front of one of the nine temples (they're very small!).

Enjoying rabbit satay and lontong after the ride!

Not the best picture, but an attempt at capturing the torch march and parade that goes by on the night of Idul Fitri

Zip-lining at the Fruit Plantation, up in the mountains!

My first day as a radio show host. The look on my face conveys my feelings...

Back in Salatiga! Language lessons from Pak Putut

The view from Waroeng Joglo "Bu Rini", the restaurant we ate at for lunch today.


No comments:

Post a Comment