Welcome to a documented experience of my year as an English Teacher and Community Worker in Java, Indonesia! For the next eleven months, I will be serving with Mennonite Central Committee's Serving and Learning Together program, learning the language, eating the foods, and fully immersing myself in the Indonesian culture.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences with you! Happy reading!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Quick Word to Assure You/Remind You of My Presence ;)

Hey Everyone!

And now suddenly we find ourselves in mid-March, and I'm getting word of 20+ degree weather in Southern Ontario, and realizing that I've now been away for half of a Summer, a Fall, and a Winter in Canada. Insane!

I have been trying to find the time to sit down and get a really good blog post written, but between the MCC Annual Team Retreat, and lots of activities going on in my host community, I have just not been able to write a blog post that is worthy of being posted.


This tiny little post is just to let you all know that there will be an update in the next few days- don't give up on me! The retreat provided a few stories worth sharing, and tomorrow is supposed to be my modeling gig, so I am positive that there will be something fun to tell you about in regards to that!

In the meantime, I am thinking about you and sending out my love and gratitude for your support and your interest in the goings-on of my life here in Java!

Have a great day! Enjoy that heat!
Love,
Ellery

No comments:

Post a Comment